Opportunities and Insights for All Career Stages
GeoAmericas attendees represent the many nations, languages, and cultures throughout the Americas. They also represent the greater global community. Attendees will include international luminaries in research and design, early-career academics, materials scientists, sustainability thought influencers, business leaders, manufacturing innovators, construction professionals, undergraduate and graduate students, regulators, and other voices.
The program for GeoAmericas 2024 is designed to provide everyone with opportunity for professional growth. Highlights of the conference and trade show include:
- The 2nd Zornberg Lecture (announcement coming in April 2023), honoring exceptional contributions to the field of geosynthetics and which are beneficially impacting engineering practice in the Americas.
- GeoJeopardy trivia competition for college teams
- Celebration of the 40th anniversary and many contributions of ASTM International Committee D35 on Geosynthetics.
- Celebration of the 40th anniversary of the journal Geotextiles & Geomembranes. Select research from the journal will be presented in certain technical sessions.
- Access to multiple external partner organizations and major employers.
- Celebration of the 30th anniversary of the journal Geosynthetics International. Select research from the journal will be presented in certain technical sessions.
- A focus on IGS Chapters and the best practices, structures, and success stories from the 40+ International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) Chapters around the world.
- Multi-lingual professionals in each session to support Q&A exchange after presentations (Note: Most GeoAmericas content will be presented in English).
- Multiple networking receptions.
- International trade show representative of the latest advances in materials, technology, and services supporting and expanding sustainability and engineering in the Americas.
- A technical tour of the incredible Don River project in the Toronto area.
More opportunities will be announced soon!